Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Saving Money on Stamps--Forever Stamps


With Marissa's upcoming September wedding she is looking at ways to save money. Today the United States Postal Service announced that the price of a stamp will increase on May 11 from 42 cents to 44 cents.

By buying the forever stamp before May 11 we can save 2 cents on the price of each stamp. It may not seem like a lot of money but sending out wedding announcements is a huge expense. The forever stamp will be good after the price rises to 44 cents. I will head out to the post office an buy a couple of rolls to help her with her announcements and the thank you notes. Saving $6.00 on the price of postage. Every little bit helps. While I am out, I will get a roll for our home use, I can't stand paying a higher price when I can get it for less.

Anny

1 comment:

Yarn Princess said...

Going up again??? ...rolling eyes... And talking about cutting a delivery day too!

I meant to buy those forever stamps when they first brought them out, what... one, two, maybe three increases ago? :)

Thanks for the heads up on the increase.