Saturday, February 28, 2009

Homemade Silly Putty

I am always thrilled to find childrens sensory activities on the internet. Today at one of my favorite websites I discovered a post for making homemade silly putty. I printed it right out and this week Miss Becca and I will be making it, practicing following a recipe and it will double as a homeschool science lesson. I will have to buy some starch, but we have plenty of glue left over from the backpack project, I can spare a couple of bottles out of our couple of hundred.

Homemade Silly Putty at Penny Pinching Parent

I remember my own silly putty adventures with copying the comics to the putty. I will store it in one of my many plastic easter eggs and Becca and I will make a few extra for our Easter Egg Hunt extravaganza that we are organizing for friends and my husbands collegues children.

1 comment:

Penny Pinching Parent said...

I think you all will have a lot of fun with this! My daughter loves playing with it & honestly I had soo much fun making it.

Thanks for passing along the article... that's awesome!

One little tip- it was really rainy here today and due to the humidity it did get a little sticky, but still was fun to play with!

Thanks again :o)