Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Gluten-Free Travel Resource




I was going through my google news and discovered an online resource for those who need to eat gluten-free. I was diagnosed with Celiacs Disease 28 years ago and so are many in my family. There are so many resources and many restaurants offer gluten-free menus. But how do you find them? Especially when you are traveling. I found a new resource...

GlutenFreeTravelSite is a resource for people with Celiac Disease -- an autoimmune disorder that compromises the body's ability to digest gluten, a protein found in wheat, rye and barley. It provides peer-written reviews of restaurants, hotels/resorts, cruise ships and grocery stores around the world that cater to the gluten-free community.

"With the growing need for special diets, GlutenFreeTravelSite offers a personal touch by giving people with dietary needs a way to connect with others facing the same challenges. By using the site the reader can make our trips away from home safe and enjoyable and truly Gluten-free.

One of the biggest challenges for those with Celiac's Disease is to not get Gluten and ruin our vacations or our trips out of town.

GlutenFreeTravelSite is organized by geographic region to make submitting and searching reviews user friendly. "Since searches can be done by state, region and country.

I have sent this site on to my daughter-in-law Stacey for her blog "More Gluten-Free Options.Blogspot.com where she and my son profile Glutenfree resources, recipes and Minnesota Gluten-Free Dining Options.

I will begin to research Orange County, California options to be ready for our September trip for Marissa's wedding.

No comments: