Friday, April 3, 2009

7 Things You May Not Know About Me.















You may have seen on other blogs "7 things you may not know about me. I just got tagged by my daughter-in-law Stacey who writes http://moreglutenfreeoptions.blogspot.com. Thanks a lot Stacey for making me write about me! So here's my list of 7 things.

1. First and foremost, I am shy, petrified of public speaking and have to put myself in front of the camera because of my book, done keynote addresses and trainings, and have to speak again at a banquet for high school grads in May.
2. I have Celiac's Disease (an autoimmune disease where I can't have gluten, wheat, rye, barley contain it) for now 29 years, have asthma and even more allergies and my right arm and hand have been broken twice.
3. I live in Rural Southwest Wisconsin near the Wisconsin, Iowa, Illinois border where my husband is a rural general surgeon at three hospitals in Grant County.
4. I have been a frugal bargain hunter for 30 years, and had to stretch pennies for nearly a decade of the 90s, when had nothing due to my daughter Becca's catastrophic medical bills.
5. I have neglected my blog this week while I finished my taxes, paperwork, and am reorganizing and spring cleaning my house these two weeks before Easter.
6. I hate to cook, but can (yes kids I do know how, its just not my favorite thing.
7. I do not have a green thumb, but will attempt a Garden this year, but if it fails (when it fails), I will just go shop at the Amish produce auctions. They raise incredible produce and flowers and I buy them at wholesale cost.

No comments: