Saturday, May 2, 2009

I Have Been Tagged by "Deal"ectible Mommies

10 Things You Were Dying to Know - I've Been Tagged!

I have been tagged by Candace at "Deal"ectible Mommies. I got this yesterday and finally have the time to write because Becca had me out all day. I had better get this done before I have to write my Keynote Address for the Excellence in Education Banquet for the Tri-State Grads who are at the Top of their Classes in the 29 School Districts in our area for Tomorrow.

1) What is your current obsession?
Going to Garage Sales with my short sidekick Becca, who is currently obsessed to not be at home and won't let me stop until we had hit all 106 sales. She was checking them off of the citywide map. Trying not to bite my fingernails before having to present the keynote address.

2) Which item of clothing do you wear most often?
Now that we left the City for the country, a hooded sweatshirt and a pair of yoga pants.
Tomorrow I get to wear Author-Doctors Wife Clothes that hang in the back of my closet.

3) What's for dinner?
I will have to ask Doc what is for dinner as he is the one who is cooking tonight. I would rather do housework than cook dinner. With my having Celiac Disease and several of my kids, we cannot cheat and throw in a pizza or eat some ready-made meal. We have had to cook from scratch for almost every meal for almost 29 years.

4) What are you listening to?
I have found my favorite radio station which happens to come from Michigan here in our tiny community, Family Christian Radio. I also listen and play name the band with Doc with his obsession to music on the oldies station while in the car. I have to enjoy Doc current obsession, Irish Punk and Celtic music whenever we are in the car and not playing name that band. FYI: It is a good thing I am not graded on naming the band, I usually need a hint.
.
5) Say something about the one who tagged you:
Candace--has an amazing blog where you can find reviews and deals on many good quality childrens products. She has helped me keep my granddaughter Kasja in shoes with her shoe posts. Kasja is definitely a Yurcek family member as most of my kids have shoe addictions.

6) Favorite vacation spot?
I have two: Heading to California to visit my daughter Marissa, shoe shopping on Melrose Avenue and visiting Doc's sister Carol who lives near the beach in San Diego. The other heading to Austin, Texas to visit my other daughter Kristy, her husband Chris and my granddaughter Kasja.

7) What are you reading right now?
The Lancaster County Brides Series by Wanda Brunstettler. The series is about Amish Women and their lives. I have become interest in the Amish as I live side by side with them and have to watch when I drive the county roads to watch for buggies. I loved watching to see what they bought from all the garage sales this weekend in Lancaster.

8) Four words to describe yourself?
Compassionate,
Determined,
Thrifty,
Creative

9) Guilty pleasure?
Stealing away to our backyard pool listening to music, floating on the raft without kids!
Leaving Doc with an obsessed Becca or with the kids when they were at home and running away to McDonalds for a Diet Coke and a Hot Fudge Sunday and then read a book in the parking lot.

10) First Spring thing to do?
Wash my sheets and my Comforter and Bedspread and hang them out of my clothesline to bring the smells of spring indoors.

Tag, you're it!

I'm going to tag:
Ginger @ Attention Target Shoppers.com
Angie @ Baby Cheapskate.com

And... so I can get to know them better:
My Daughter-in-law Stacey @ More Gluten-Free Options
My daughter Kristy @ Epris De Lavie

1 comment:

Mrs. Reverend Doctor said...

I'm reading that series too!