Monday, February 1, 2010

Younkers--70% off the Clearance





One of my favorite places to shop for clearance is Younkers. (Carson Pirie Scott, it is also Boston Store, Herbergers, Bergners,and Elder Beerman) depending on where you live. Younkers in Dubuque is my favorite place to shop deals).

Beginning yesterday 1-31-10 take another 70% off all yellow mark-down items.

Nathan will be happy to find out that Nana bought the little boy Puma and Addidas two-piece track suits for a mere $10.20 each for his new little one arriving in April. I found Doc some dressy Ralph Lauren jeans for only $19.99, instead of $95.00!

I found plenty of little girl Addidas separates for under $6.60 each piece for Nana's girls to grow into. I had stopped in on Friday and bought a few items for 60% off the clearance and was shocked at how much merchandise had flown out the door by our visit on Sunday afternoon.

I am a name-brand snob... I used to work retail at a high-end children's wear chain in the Minneapolis area when my kids were small. Buying a season ahead, on clearance is the secret to not spending big bucks, but also getting clothing that lasts. With this tribe of mine, name-brand--well manufactured is a must. With the 6 boys many of my purchases would make it down to the last boy and still be in good shape to pass on. When I am through with it, I get many of my well-spent $$$ back when I finally sell them at resale or at a major garage sale. The money is set aside for the next mark-down season budget. For years I had my loyal garage sale followers, as I evidentally was the SALE to hit. I have to laugh, my little ones were dressed well, for very little:)

The other day Kristy called me telling me I had created a clothes snob.... all while pinching a penny and stretching each dollar!

No comments: