Thursday, February 4, 2010

Stocking Up--Storage Idea














Last week our Piggly Wiggly had Quaker Chewy Granola Bars on sale for $1.69. I had several $1.00/2 coupons purchased from a coupon clipping service, and combined with a $3.00 off 6 coupon I was able to stock up for a mere $.69 each.

Last year I did the same deal, and found shelf space to be in shortage. I found that a Gallon size storage bag will hold 5 boxes of granola bars. I keep one bag in our snack shelf in the kitchen the others are put down in the storage room in a sweater box.

I also use this same system with our stockpiled fruit snacks. Each bag will hold 5 boxes of fruit snacks. I mix up the bags. Kids like to reach into the ziploc bag and try to pick one of the many kinds in each bag. I have a girls bag, a mixed bag at this time. Becca babysits a four-year-old and she spends a few minutes each day trying to pick from Barbie, Princess Tiana, Dora, My Little Pony, and Disney Princesses. These are also a pool-time favorite with our little swimming guests.

Then we pull off our boxtops points to give to our local schools, cut out any games or activities off the backs for the fruit snack boxes and recycle the cardboard.

I get shelf space...

No comments: