Saturday, January 31, 2009

Saturday Last Minute Target Run 1/31


Beginning in Residency when Jim had a Saturday night off, we started the tradition of our Saturday Night Dates consisting of grocery and coupon shopping and a quick dinner out without the kids. I had run to Target earlier this week and forgot my Target coupons on the kitchen counter. The deals that I found were worth the extra 30 minute drive to the city. We ended up leaving before hitting Walgreens and Walmart for a few last items. Our date cut short by a page to the emergency room and a FAAAST trip home to the hospital.

I still cannot believe that I got all this for $29.00!! There were so many Target and Manufacturer double stacks. I even scored moneymakers on the Rolaids with a $4.00 off 2. Several of the items were completely free. The only thing I missed this trip was more of the DiGiorno Pizza and Free Soda deals as the cooler was cleaned out. I had scored the Pizza on my earlier trip the $3.99 pizzas less a $5.00/2 coupon making them each $1.49 and free Coke.

My coupons are finally all nicely organized, but two 3 1/2 inch binders (1 for food, 1 for household items) creates a lot of attention. This week I finally started carrying them in as I ended up having to run to the car when I discovered an unadvertised deal. The binders are saving me a lot of time and frustration. I am beginning to think that I have too much time on my hands now that most of the kids are grown.

What did I get for my $29.00? (*Bold=FREE)

6 Ocean Spray Juices
6 Boxes Quaker Granola Bars
5--8 count Pringles Snackpacks
2 Single Serving Oatmeal Express Cereals
6 Rolaids Plus Gas
12 Rolaid 3- packs
2 Kotex Lightday Pads
3 Fruit Rollups 12 count Sticker Packs
3 Fruit Rollup l8 count Minis
6 Johnson Bath Buddies
2 Blistex Lip Renewal
2 Blistex Medicated Lip Balm
1 Scotch Fur Fighter
2 Sally Henson Lip Plumper Gloss
1 Revlon Lipstick
2 Sally Henson No Chip Nail Polish
16 Yoplait Yogurt
2 Tropicana 1/2 Gallon Orange Juice
6 Special K Bars
2 Suave Travel Lotion.

Savings $120.58 and a dinner out with my husband at Red Robin without the girls.

No comments: