I have used layaway to help keep my sneaky children out of their Christmas gifts and to pay for the items a little at a time. I love layaway, but the service fee adds to the cost of each item, but paying for it a little at at time is something that guaranteed I had the toy I needed to fill a Christmas wish.
Today I found that Toys R Us as begun a NEW layaway program for "Big Gifts".
The “Big Gift” layaway is available beginning 10-20-09 in Toys“R”Us and Babies“R”Us stores nationwide.
Big Gifts for Kids
- * Bikes
- * Battery-Powered Ride-On Vehicles
- * Dollhouses
- * Play Kitchens
- * Outdoor Play Equipment and Playsets, including metal gym sets, wood gym sets, trampolines, houses, teeter-totters and climbers
- * Pools and Water Slides
- * Preschool Ride-Ons, such as cozy coupes, horses, metal tricycles and wagons
- * Basketball Systems
- * Karaoke Machines
- * Keyboards and other Musical Instruments for toddlers to teens
- * Televisions
- * Indoor Table Games, including air hockey, foosball and table tennis
Big Gifts for Babies
Baby items that are part of the “Big Gift” layaway include:
- * Infant and Toddler Furniture
- * Car Seats
- * High Chairs
- * Play Yards
- * Strollers and Travel Systems
- * Bassinets